Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like a "Thomas" Christmas...


Brody has officially become one of the largest Thomas the Train fanatics that I know to this date. I'm sure there are others out there, but I don't know if they fell as fast or as hard as he has. I only have Grandma Vicki to thank for this insanely addicting and expensive venture! She has collected Thomas Trains for a while now and now has my son begging for a new train everytime we leave the house. We're at the store and he wants to look at the Thomas Trains (aka buy one). We're at home and I'm on the computer and he wants me to google Thomas so he can see it. We're watching TV and he only wants to watch Thomas DVD's...and boy are they interesting! We're at the dinner table and he has to have a Thomas Train watching him eat and we have to talk about them while eating. He's got me eating, sleeping and breathing Thomas Trains and I swore I wouldn't let him become interested in this. My fascination with it is simple though...he's so entirely happy and at peace with Thomas in his life that how could it be a bad thing right? I mean when your child's face lights up when he sees Thomas anything, it's sort of cute. Only sort of but still. So I find myself looking for that one train he's talked about this week everytime I'm out, although it changes by the minute. I bought him Thomas toothpaste yesterday and he slept with it! He's got the empty box in his bed as we speak! It's crazy. I'm convinced they lace those trains with some sort of addictive material. The Thomas marketing people are geniuses...and they're rich! Anyway...so that's literally all Brody has been into for the last month since I've blogged about him. He's become train obsessed and we're all on board! Sad but true. Other than that, the other thing he loves most right now is singing. It's so cute. He is in love with Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He pretty much knows all the words. Other than Christmas songs and Thomas, there isn't much to Brody's life right now. He's a great eater. Loves everything. Would rather have water than hot chocolate. Would rather have pretzels than a cookie. He is his father's child. He's getting so tall and skinny. He has become downright silly. Singing all the time and making up funny names for people. On a bad note...he did flush his toothbrush down the toilet about a week ago and it hasn't worked since. Dad wasn't too happy about that but he got over it. He flushed and strutted right out of the bathroom to tell us about it like it was no big deal! He was quite proud of his accomplishment. We were less than impressed. But if that's the worst thing I can come up with in this blog to say about my favorite two year old boy...I'll keep him!

No comments:

Post a Comment