


Quinn Campbell...where do I begin? As you can see from the pictures, you are advanced beyond your 16 month age and you try to do everything your brother and sister do all the time! Sometimes you succeed, and sometimes we end in injury! Right now you have a bump over your eye and half of a front tooth, just to name a few injuries as of lately! You are such a funny child. You are talking more and more these days. You can say baby, mommy, daddy, bye-eee (2 syllables), bye bye, bite, book, dog, Brody...and Grandma Vicki swears you say "I pee pee" whenever Finley goes potty and then she puts you on there to sit and it makes you happy. You'll probably be potty trained not long after they are just b/c you're always trying to keep up. You still love pretty much all food, lots of fruit, there isn't really much of anything you won't eat. We tried to take you down from two naps to one nap but we've been pretty unsuccessful as you've fallen asleep in your highchair on at least 3 occasions. I guess you miss your morning nap! You are definitely a sleeper. You still sleep in far past your siblings, take good naps, and are hanging on your bed rubbing your eyes by 7:30pm. You love to sleep! We're not arguing either! One thing you absolutely LOVE right is reading. Or being read to I should say. You will go get 15 books in a row and back up to whoever's lap you can fall into if they'll read to you. You especially love the picture books with the touch and feel pages. Your favorite book is Millie Moo for the time being. You love riding the scooter outside, if you could get on the big bike, you'd try it. You like for someone to push you around on your sister's tricycle although you can't pedal. You like sidewalk chalk and throwing rocks. You just love to run around the yard. You still have this shuffle about you when you run and everyone thinks you are hilarious. Whenever we take you to a party or some event, they can't believe how independent and funny you are. You just do your own thing and you hop and shuffle around the party and never stop moving! It's pretty funny. You play peek a boo all the time now and can sort of do patty cake. You aren't a trick baby though, all of the above has to be done on your own time when YOU want to do it! I have no idea where you get this stubbornness from! You think your sister is hilarious. You just laugh out loud at her all the time. You love to kiss now. You go from person to person kiss and even make the noise. Your dad says you're a fit thrower, and I guess lately you have been. You get frustrated a lot b/c your siblings take things from you when you finally get something you want, you spend a lot of time on the floor throwing tantrums. I think it's just the age though. I think you're frustrated trying to communicate a lot. Although you say a lot of words, you have a lot more to say then you know how to get across yet. You love hair bows or barrettes. You love putting on and taking off your shoes. This is especially fun in the grocery store or somewhere where mommy has to retrace her steps to find your shoe! I took you to the park a couple of weeks ago with your brother, sister, Mason and Katy Burke. We went down to the lake to feed the fish and I set you down for one second to get some fish food out of the diaper bag and you jumped right in the shallow side of the lake and were covered from your waist to your toes in mud! I had to carry you to the park bathroom and try to wash you off and everyone kept asking me if you were covered in poop, I guess it did look like that! Once it dried, we still went to the grocery store as planned. As soon as we got there, you fell asleep in the cart. Boy did you look like a little hoosier baby covered in what looked like poop, asleep in the back of the cart...I got the bad mommy award for the day but for the record, you had a blast that day and didn't care one bit what you looked like!
No comments:
Post a Comment