


Rewind to your last weekend as two year olds....it's 9:30pm on sat night and we had just put you to bed in your cribs about 30 minutes prior to this. Dad and I are cleaning up the house doing various things and hear you two come running down the hallway yelling, "we got out of our beds..." Perfect. I mean yes, we were definitely lucky to have gotten you almost to 3 in your cribs but still, a little longer is always nice. So here's how I know you are the mastermind behind the plan. 1) your brother is very cautious, 2) I overheard you explaining step by step the process by which he could get out also (and it was very detailed), 3) you boss him around all day long and he does whatever you tell him to. It goes a little something like this, "So Brode, just put your foot up here, climb up like this, then put your leg like this, and slide down on your belly!" Needless to say bedtime is now very very fun (sarcasm implied) and a very long routine. It starts around 8:30 and you guys usually aren't sleeping until 10pm. You are pretty much completely potty trained now, which is awesome. You rarely have an accident, but that is your cue to get out of bed at all hrs and proclaim that you have to pee. That among other excuses: my belly isn't full enough, I need a drink, I have to pee/poop, my lips are chapped. It's perfectly convenient that I can be jolted from sleep in the middle of the night to a little person staring at me on my side of the bed proclaiming that she NEEDS chapstick! What's hilarious about potty training with you is that you love to look at your poop and call it something...I thought that was a boy thing but apparently not. I do think it all started with Daddy saying in his best mexican accent that your poop looked like a "big burrrrrito..." carrying out the r's as they do, so now you say, "it looks like a bit turrito," in your best mexican accent. Hilarious! You love your new crib turned toddler bed now, you tell everyone that you have half of a bed since Daddy took the side rail off. You are something else!
No comments:
Post a Comment