Monday, October 25, 2010

Just a few of my Finley favorites...




There is so much to say about you lately. First off, you haven't been yourself in a while now. I've been worried about you since this past summer when you had swollen lymph nodes. Then you were diagnosed with strep throat at the beginning of the month. Right after you were antibiotic free from that episode, I got a call saying I had to come get you from school b/c you had a fever. Back to the dr we went b/c I thought maybe your strep throat wasn't resolved. He swabbed you again for strep but it was negative, then he looked in your ear and found a nasty ear infection in your left ear, probably from the strep drainage. What was funny was that when you asked you if your ear hurt, b/c you never complained of any pain and it's pretty painful, you responded with, "No, but my boob and my eye hurt!" What 3 yr old says boob? The same one that uses big words in sentences and never ceases to amaze us with her revelations everyday...that's who! You are so smart and funny but when you're sick, you become lethargic and sad and I don't like it. I want well, funny Finley back. The one who is the life of the party. We miss that girl. You are starting to come around for sure. Today you told me at naptime that I should just put Quinney down first and then when she's asleep, you two can get up b/c you don't really need naps at 3 anymore...this from the girl who forfeited her nap yesterday only to fall asleep on the couch at dinnertime and sleep through it! It's clear you still need naps but don't want them. You are such a great sister to Quinn. I think it comes from mothering Darla all of these years but you are a great big sister. You showed me how you can completely change Quinn's diaper all on your own this morning. She just lays there and watches you in awe. I can tell she watches her big sister and looks up to her so much. One deal breaker between you two though is when she wants to take Darla...all bets are off then! You aren't much of an eater these days. You're only going up a size in clothes b/c of the length, if your pants aren't adjustable waist, we don't have a prayer of you fitting into them. You are so skinny! You love shoes and getting your hair done. You are a girly girl and want to wear necklaces and bracelets, get mani/pedi's, and play with babies. You don't appreciate your brother's roughhousing at all! You still boss him around pretty good and lucky for him, he listens. He looks to you for all the answers. The other night I overheard you telling him in the car that "our grandma Vicki lives in New Melle." I don't know how you know some of the stuff you know, it amazes me. Everyone loves you and your facial expressions too. We had parent night at preschool not too long ago and they just go on and on about how good you are. Being there to observe you guys that night was very interesting for us b/c you have always been the one to be more outgoing and social than Brody, but that night you hung back and let him do most of the talking and singing. It was the total opposite of how you two are at home. You are a bit of a tattle tale and are always claiming that you had nothing to do with said bad behavior and you are the one that actually told Brody not to do it in the first place! Needless to say we know that there are two sides to every story.

No comments:

Post a Comment