I can't believe another year has gone by already and it's that much closer to my babies being in school forever! Finley and Brody started their 2nd year of Preschool II at First United Methodist Church. Their teacher and the director of the program, Mrs. Jacobsen, and myself decided that this year it would be best if they were in separate classes. They did not agree of course so we were scared of how this might go, but as usual, they just went with the flow and it was no big deal. We had talks about it beforehand so they were prepared. So Finley has Mrs Serr and Mrs Henderson and it's a larger class. Brody has Mrs Basten. All of whom we all know and love so it's going to be a great year, I just know it! They were happy to report after the first day that they were okay being apart, "b/c we still go to be together at lunch and took our nap together!" Duh mom, what were you thinking? :)
Quinn started her 1st year in the pre-primary room. This is her last classroom before she heads down to preschool this time next year. She hasn't been so happy with her school experience...it's made us wonder, is it the school? The teacher? Or is it just Quinn's general lack of liking anyone who tells her what to do? Clearly she calls the shots at home, so I don't know who they think they are trying to give her a routine at school! It's her world, we all just live in it! She has Mrs. Lesley and they are butting heads at the moment but I'm sure they will work it out. When I asked her at the end of the day if she liked school, she said, "No, Lennon hit me, he mean to me." So I asked her if she wanted me to have a conversation with his mom, or she could call her, she replied yes. We called Aunt Ni Ni and did report Len's behavior, I'm sure she was completely innocent (sarcasm implied). We'll see how next week goes...could be a long year!
No comments:
Post a Comment