


We were lucky enough to be invited to Big Cedar with Uncle Ralph and Aunt Betty. We had a great time swimming in the lazy river and hanging out with family. We even got to celebrate Carter and Maleah's 5th birthday while we were there. Quinn couldn't have loved the kiddie pool more. She swam around like she was big and jumped off the side of the kiddie pool into the water nothing short of 100 times! Everyone kept asking how old she was b/c they couldn't believe she was only 18 months and so independent! A funny story from the trip: We're driving to Big Cedar in the car when your Dad says to me, "I think we forgot something crucial." I proceed to guess and finally he just comes out and says, "lifejackets." I proceed to panic as we will be on a lake and around water the entire weekend and then I start to think how it's not possible to have forgotten them b/c it's the first thing I set by the back door to pack along with Quinn's pack n play. As I was setting stuff by the back door and checking off the list, Dad was loading the car. So I knew I had them at one point but they didn't make it into the car. I turn around and ask the kids to which Brody promptly replies, "I threw them behind the couch!" Like duh mom...why wouldn't I have done that??? So a quick to the Walmart in Springfield and $58 later spent on something we already owned, we were back on the road and on our way to having some fun! A low point of the weekend: all four of us sleeping in a king sized bed. Everytime Brody accidentally touched Finley in the middle of the night, she freaked out and started screaming! She even woke up at one point demanding that the light be turned on, demanding a snack and a cup with butterflies on it, which we did not bring! It was miserable sleeping arrangements but a great weekend nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment