Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday to our "first" babies....






First of all let me just say that I cannot believe you guys are 4 already! I know I say this all the time but I just do not know where the time goes!? You are growing up right before our eyes! This year more than others, you were a lot more aware of your birthday and were very excited for it to say the least. We sort of had a week long celebration that started with your kindergarten graduation on thurs, your birthday party on saturday afternoon, and then a family birthday dinner on your actual birthday! People always give me a lot of trouble for going to all the trouble we go through to put on the birthday parties we give for you guys, but 1) I love doing it just as much as you guys enjoy it (I hope), and 2) I love seeing the joy in your faces and it's why I had kids. I just want you guys to enjoy life to the fullest, we may not have everything but it's why I work, so that at least once a year I can plan something that's just especially for you guys and there's no other day a year like that! Plus it's a time when all of us parent "friends" get to get together as well and enjoy eachother's company while our kids play. We love it too! So about this party....it was a kid's dream we think! Or at least that's what we tried to make it. We had it on saturday afternoon and did a Outdoor-Smores-Pull out all of the stops theme. We had it at 4pm and all week they were calling for a major storm so we were really worried but the day came and the rain held off and the day was perfect for you guys. We had a tent outside, balloon animals were being made just for you guys, a bounce house, a brand new swingset that Mawmaw and Papa bought and Uncle AJ and Daddy took 4 days to put together, and the simplest, kid friendly food ever! We tried to have anything you'd get at a carnival or something so we had hot dogs with all of the toppings, nachos, movie theater popcorn (Papa Greg went to the theater to get it especially for your party), smores, ice cream cones, cupcakes and lemonade. It was awesome! Some guests in attendance were: All the papas and mawmaws of course, Uncle AJ, Uncle JD and Aunt Meghan, Aunt Steph and Uncle Matt, Carter and Maleah, Jenny and Chuck, Nadine and Mike, Drew and Trey, Trish and Al, Avery and Addy, Leslie, Chris and Addison, Dave, Katy and Mason, Matt and Carrie, Grace and Faith, Charlie, Mason, and Jack, Chad and Dana, Ava and Connor, Casie and Dan, Reese and Kyan, Paola, Mike and Grant, Rachel and Marc, Ella and Izzy and GG Joan. It was quite the turnout! You can imagine all the gifts you got! Beach towels, swimsuits, water guns, Batman Batcave, sleeping bag for Darla, coloring supplies, board games, money and so much more. Among Brody's favorite gift was his Batman costume, which he has worn at least once everyday since he got from Mawmaw Vicki. He is also pretty in love with his Batcave from Uncle Matt, Aunt Steph, Carter and Maleah. Finley doesn't fall in love with too much but she likes dressing up as Catwoman, I think maybe just to please Brody but that's how she rolls. She loves her stuffed Pinkalicious unicorn named Goldie also. She also got a doll bed for Darla that she says Darla "can't live without...." All in all you guys are pretty spoiled rotten but so worth it in the end. Your behavior reflects that of good kids....MOST days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment