Today was an exhausting day! I don't know if I was still tired from yesterday's work or what but I just couldn't seem to pull it together with the three of you. On days off, I'm always trying to play catch up with laundry etc. so it's always a little challenging to get anything done with two toddlers and a 7 month old running around, but today seemed even more challenging. We ventured out to the mall this am to get a couple of bday presents for Carter, Maleah and Faith. That went really well. You should have seen you guys all dressed up for the mall, Finley in a dress (b/c she has to wear one everyday no matter where we're going) with her huge polka dot ("pokey dot" as she says) sunglasses and pigtails carrying her Dr. Seuss recycled bag with a book and sippie cup in it. You guys are always a sight when I give you any input on what you might wear! We stopped at Bread Co. to eat lunch. You guys always amaze me with your love of any kind of soup no matter how hot it is outside. Today you loved the black bean soup. Now what other 2 yr olds love black beans in anything, much less soup? You guys were very well behaved at the mall though, and we didn't even have a stroller for F & B, just Quinn, so even walking you did great. After lunch we headed home for naptime, this is where the day fell apart. Nobody wanted to nap, well maybe except for mommy! Crazy 1 and Crazy 2 (F & B) jumped in their beds for the first hour, then pooped at the same time, then just continuously said, "we not napping...we jumping" while jumping of course for the next 30 minutes! You never cried, just didn't nap. Then of course you got crabby that evening during dinner etc. The night ended with Brody sitting on Finley and in true retaliation, you bit him! You knew it was wrong too b/c said "I in trouble..." but you weren't sorry. I asked you not to be nasty to your brother or anyone else for that matter....your reply was "I need to be nassy mama!" Thank god it was close to bedtime at this point. It was constant bickering all day long!
Quinney was perfect today as usual, fell asleep in the pool in her floatie while her brother and sister swam. Wish I would have had my camera. The only thing eventful that happened with you today was that you had a massive explosion of a diaper up your back...thank god it was before we left for the mall as it required a change of clothes and a lot of stain remover. You usually save those activities for public places requiring immediate exit. So thank you for doing it at home for once!
No comments:
Post a Comment