I guess we've been lucky so far, and I'm hoping it's just been a difficult week for Brody and this trend isn't here to stay....but this has been a crazy week for one 2 yr old! Brody has had trouble with all decisions in his life. He doesn't love his parents, he doesn't want to eat, go to school, get dressed, he doesn't want to wear the choices that are offered...we're having a hard time deciphering what it is he does want to do! We'll go in his room at bedtime or naptime and we'll get the, "I don't want you I want daddy"...or vice versa. It's just manipulating. Then if I go in there in the morning to get him out of his bed, "I don't wuv you." It's truly heartbreaking that you can create, grow inside of you, and then give life to something that greets you in the morning with, "I don't wuv you!" I'm sure it's just a phase, b/c surely no parent ever signs up for this, but I'm hoping it's a short lived phase he's going through. Even his sister looks at him and says, "What's wrong with him? He needs time out!" He seems to be the worst with me but he's certainly done it with Dad too. He typically just wants the exact opposite thing as what you're offering, and then if you're flexible and try to give him what he wants, he doesn't want that anymore. There's been a lot of timeout, tantrums, throwing, kicking and hitting this week. I sure am thankful that it's only happening for now x 1 and not both of them. Finley does have her moments but is typically a go with the flow girl. She has her opinions about clothes, ponytails, bows, socks and shoes, but is typically easily reasoned with for the most part. Brody doesn't take to reasoning and he's got a stubborn side about him for sure! Everything is "I not!" or "I am!" So cute...but devilish for sure!
Finley Paige remains so funny. Truly she is such a funny child. Yesterday she had a small bite on her arm and we were looking at it and I asked her what it was. You can never be too prepared for a toddler answer b/c she replied with, "it's a boobie! I have a boobie on my arm mama!" And it did kind of resemble a nipple! She never ceases to amaze me with the stuff she comes up with. She talks with her hands, sings all the time now, reprimands her baby dolls (and usually Brody and Quinney too), and she has fallen in love with her sister. When Quinn first came along, she wasn't quite sure what to make of her, we had some hitting at first but then she came around and decided to just ignore her all together. Now she wants to know what she is doing at all times, wants to wake her up, help her with her bottle, she loves her sister. She is such a little mother. She amazes me with her independence also. She can put on her shoes and socks, she can get into her booster seat and even buckle herself in all by herself. She is growing up too fast. And although she is only a minute older than her brother, she finds the time to help him out and do his stuff for him also. I'm sure this trend will continue....after all, he is a man, he is perfectly content to let her feed him and help him and in any way that she will!
Quinn Campbell is definitely our wild child! She is the typical 3rd baby that isn't at all interested in toys, she'd rather just crawl around and get into all of her brother and sister's stuff. She isn't at all interested in things her own age. She just learned to crawl not that long ago and is already standing alone, pulling up everywhere, and can already get up the 1st flight of stairs all by herself. She would attempt to go down head first all alone if you'd let her also. She has no fear! She has two "older" people to model her behavior after...so the fact that they're going through the terrible two's and display not so great behavior to model after is such a blessing! (sarcasm implied of course!) She has had only 2 teeth on the bottom since June but now has two teeth on the outer top row now. She still has a hole in the middle but I feel they're coming. Her lack of teeth definitely does not stop her from eating whatever she wants though. She has yet to turn anything down, except bananas on occasion, they aren't her favorite. Bring on anything else though, tacos, spaghetti, beef stroganoff, taco soup, lunch meat, any fruit, she'll gum anything down! And she'll do it with a smile too. She is the smiliest baby with the cutest little giggle and she's just happy to be here...and thank god she is! Thank god for her happy go lucky demeanor...we are so blessed with her. She naps when she should, goes down w/o a peep, takes a bath with her two siblings and holds her own with the amt of water they try to dump on her, and takes quite a few "accidental" bumps along the way all in stride! After a 10 month trial with her...we're going to keep her!
No comments:
Post a Comment