Thursday, August 27, 2009

A crazy day...

Finley has been sick all week with an unexplained fever (aka swine flu if you ask her paranoid mother the RN) and they were all three supposed to start school today. By school I mean a Mother's Day Out Program structured like school that they go to on thursdays from 9-3. It's the one day a week I can schedule appts, grocery shop, run errands, clean house, etc. So yes, I look forward to actually being able to pee and shower alone on those days without having to answer such questions as: "mommy...you have a bagina?" Or "you got boobies?" I debated on sending Brody and if I didn't send him, Quinn definitely wasn't going as it was her first day. F & B attended all last year and loved it but she's never been. Brody doesn't generally do well w/o his sister and he's a man of structure and routine. But I decided that they not only needed time apart and needed to get used to that, but I also needed a day just to hold her and let her be sick and cranky w/o the other two around. So we packed his new guitar lunchbox, bookbag and spiked his hair like a big boy and off we went. Drop off went w/o a hitch in both rooms, neither made so much as a peep when mom and dad left...we were both so excited. I was apprehensive about pick up thinking Miss Lesley was either going to call me halfway through the day and ask me to pick up the "Rain Man" child repeating Finley's name all day or tell me how miserable he'd been all day without her....but on the contrare! She said he totally took her spot as the boss of the class and helped everyone out by telling them what to do. That is normally Finley's job but he just filled right in for his sister on his very first day with a completely new classroom and new people! Who says "Brodog" isn't a leader? His daily report said he was a "rockstar!" They both definitely asked for eachother all day and were very excited to see one another after school. And as for Quinney, well they said she was "dream baby" just as we all already knew....I am one lucky mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment